Benefits of Steam Baths!!
I use the steam room aboout 3 times a week after my workout and I have never seen anything on tumblr about the benefits so I thought I’d post about it!
Steam baths alleviate stress and tension and promote healing. It is known to reduce the problem of sleeplessness.
- Thorough detoxification is one of the steam room benefits. The body excretes toxins through the millions of sweat glands that are present. Perspiration caused by a steam bath helps to eliminate up to 30% of the toxins that have built up in the body.
- A steam bath causes all the blood vessels to expand, increases circulation oxygenation, and enables efficient cellular nutrient uptake.
- A steam bath relieves respiratory complaints. The humidity in the air makes it easier to breathe. Phlegm and allergens are dislodged from the nasal and throat passages. It reduces asthma and its recurring symptoms. Bronchitis, hoarseness of the throat, and coughs are known to get better after a steam bath. Inflammation of the mucus membranes of the upper respiratory tract is reduced.
- Many steam baths are known to include aromatherapy to increase the therapeutic effects. They evaporate eucalyptus oil along with the steam. This is known to clear nasal passages and provide a relaxing and soothing effect. Other oils are sometimes added to alter the moods and bring in a feeling of relaxation.
- Steam room benefits also include weight loss. There is a good amount of water weight that is lost during a steam bath. It is possible that you can lose up to 600 calories by spending 30 minutes in a steam bath.
- A steam bath relieves people who suffer from the bad effects of sinusitis.
- A steam bath effectively moisturizes the skin. It opens up the pores on the skin and flushes away the impurities. The skin quality and radiance improve. People with skin disorders like eczema, acne, and dry and chapped skin experience positive benefits.
- The increased blood circulation improves achy muscles and joints.
- It works to strengthen the immune system of the individual. Steam bath sessions purportedly increase the production of white blood cells. This consequently increases the number of phagocytes that ingest bacteria, old red blood cells, and other microorganisms, and leukocytes that destroy invading organisms.
- After a workout, a steam bath allows for faster recovery of the torn and injured muscles due to increased blood flow. You can hit the gym the next day morning with increased vigor.
I used this site if you want to read more!
- shannonontheorange likes this
- bitchcrvft likes this
- macabre-mermaid reblogged this from misfitwayoflife
- meganmarie86 reblogged this from misfitwayoflife and added:
- burakko likes this
- thebusboychronicles reblogged this from 4piliers
- muffinmages reblogged this from misfitwayoflife
- 4piliers reblogged this from misfitwayoflife and added:
- indigenoushuman likes this
- dragon-sama likes this
- anotherdayyet likes this
- misfitwayoflife posted this